Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pick 'em: Julian Castro edition

WAC


Utah -7 @ Utah State


-- They both torched Big Sky competition last week, but I think Chuckie's just getting started.  I think they win at home in a very close one.  I think they'll cover either way.  USU 27, Utah 24

NMSU +21 @ Ohio
--  This has been sitting in the back of my mind as a potential upset all week, but I think Ohio probably is a better team as of this upcoming Saturday.  The Aggies won at Minnesota and at New Mexico last season so they aren't allergic to the road.  Should cover.  Ohio 31, NMSU 21.

Idaho +16 @ Bowling Green


Sniff test: BGSU hung with Florida at the Swamp and Idaho got throttled by FCS Eastern Washington at home.  I don't even think Dominique Blackmon at QB is enough to compensate here.  BGSU 28, Idaho 3.


Texas Tech -16 @ Texas State
I've been saying all week we don't really know anything about Texas State or Houston until this game and the Cougs tilt with LA Tech.  That said, it's a home game, a new stadium debut, and it's coming off the Houston win.  I'm not a believer yet, but I do think they can cover at home.  Texas Tech 28, Texas State 21.

LA Tech -3 @ Houston


A rogue voter gave Texas State enough votes to be #35 in the AP Poll.  LA Tech probably deserves to be higher.  I think Houston might have some ads on Craigslist for football personnel come Sunday.  LA Tech 48, Houston 10.


UTSA plays Texas A&M-Commerce and there's no line set for this game.


I'll post the Sun Belt odds separately tonight when I get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment